On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 at 23:05:34, Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(Ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>  I would like to thank all the traders who have generously offered to
>come to Norwich. We have not set a date yet. While the more people who
>turn up at the show the better, how many people would you need for it
>to have been a successful show and make you want to come and do the show
>again?
Three (8-)#

It is a long time since I expected much at shows.  There were not a vast
number at the Paris meeting, but it was one of the best shows last year.
It is quality not quantity.
>Have other sub-groups got any advice about holding shows, your
>views would be appreciated.
When I ran the London one. I did nothing much before other than book the
hall, and advertise it (Quanta/QLT/ internet/direct mailing)

On the day I provided tea/coffee making and an honesty box.
Others provide biscuits/cakes/rolls/sandwiches etc whichis nice but not
essential.  I always broke even on costs, even though a lot of people
did not use the honesty box (8-)#

A separate room for talks is best - does not need ot be large.
In London we used the stage.

We paid £100 I think - Quanta will probably pay for the hall.
--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk