>>Errrrm... What's wrong with Lynx?
>>Text only but full featured despite that.
>>
>>And widely used on many platforms... Especially Unix and Linux.
>
>Hmm from what I read from the docs... it is supposed to work with
XHTML
>1.0
>(Lynx supports IIRC up to HTML 4). I wouldn't know of course since it
>doesn't run with SMSQ/E

I would have said:

(1) I never got it to work with QPC2 (sounds like Phoebus explained
that)

(2) it is bloody hard to install on QDOSMSQ if you're not into Linux
etc - the long path names etc mean it has to be unzipped into the root
directory to stand much chance.

(3) the number of files (OK, it includes sources, docs etc) is
overpowering

(4) the full installation is large by QDOSMSQ standards

WHEN you get it to work, Lynx is a great little text browser, but
somewhat overkill for my needs.

I think the difficulty in unzipping and installation is what lead Tim
Swenson to offer the 'cut down' installation on his website, although
Jonathan Hudson doesn't really approve of that one. I think Tarquin's
browser, when he gets it finished, will be adequate for many QLers
needs. Andrew and others will nonetheless prefer the longer
established (and cross platform) Lynx.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]