Peter Graf makes some magical things to make me read
} Hi,
}
} is there anybody on this list who has experience with highcolor on QXL?

I did (before I resold it last Autumn...).

} Is it usable for real work?

I was able to run sprted (I'm the author!!), and from memory, even
if it did not compete with my Q40 (on the QXL, the redraw of a 60x60 grid
of 6x6 sprites is very visible, about 3 seconds I think; whereas on Q40
it is less than one.), I think it was usable (not the same confort, but
not a really slow system).

Beware, for High Colour and big resolution, you really need a 8meg QXL,
because what usually remains is about 3 and half meg with the empty
system (Ok, just Sbasic and some small PE applications).

Now, please define 'real work'...