Malcolm Cadman wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bill Waugh
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

> >Nothing personnel Malcolm
>
> No problem ... no offensive taken at all.
>
> A good discussion, unfortuneatly too OT for the QL list to pursue for
> long :-)
>
> --
> Malcolm Cadman

What a gentle list this is, I apologise for the OT subject, no excuse
but we had a rough sort of week.
Last year on another list (Brit motorcycles, mostly american input) I
got a little too fired up when some of the good old boys started asking
for support for their "buy a bullet day", this soon after the mass
killings at one of their high schools.
The idea was that if lots of people bought bullets on a particular day
they could persuade congress that the trade was massive and influence
decisions to be made.
I think it was the question I put to them "should the parents of the
murdered school kids buy the first bullets " that got them really riled.
I got a friendly and understanding rebuke from the list leader and a
rather sinister flame from  maddog@ someplace or another.
Been looking over my shoulder for black stretch limos since then.

All the best - Bill (simmering down)