Tarquin Mills wrote:

>I have not found a way to call photon and pass it arguments e.g.
>    execute_w win1_photon;"win_neon2.jpg\d2"
>as execute_w (Turbo toolkit) and exec (Toolkit II) only take contants as
>arguments, i.e.
>    10 path$="win1_"
>    20 img$="neon2.jpg"
>    30 execute path$&'photon;"'&path$&img$&'\d2"'
>does not work. I do not have a copy of the Soql yet, does it support PPP
>yet, and where do you get it from as sourceforge only seem to have the
>source.

Turbo's EXECUTE appears to have its own way of launching jobs. I guess it is
only meant for Trubo jobs; it stuffs 6 extra bytes on the job stack (in front of
everything else). This will confuse most jobs which expect to find the OS
documented WORD for number of channel ID's (followed by ID's) and WORD for
length of option string and string. Solution: don't use Turbo's esoteric EXECUTE
command.

To use Toolkit 2's EX command (or EXEC/EW/EXEC_W):

  EX win1_photon;"win1_neon2.jpg\d2"

The reason why

  EX path$&'photon;"'&path$&img$&'\d2"'

will not work is because EX can only see that you have passed one parameter; a
single string parameter (the semicolon separator is lost within the first '' and
becomes a string character rather than parameter delimiter).

BTW the dithering defaults to a level suitable for the mode so the \d2 (default
mode 4 & 8) is not probably necessary.

Regards,
Dave.