In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes
>On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Q Branch wrote:
>
>> Text 87 will only work in Mode 4 on all systems running the new colour
>> drivers and will not work at all on the Q 40 with the colour drivers.
>
>No. Text87 works well on Q40.
>
>Text87 doesn't support the modern high color modes, so please switch
>Q40 into the QL compatible MODE 4 with the DISP_COLOUR command as
>described in the SMSQ V2.98 documentation:
>
>DISP_COLOUR 0,512,256
Well I was only referring to the colour drivers because the other
versions of SMSQ/E for the Q 40 only support low resolution and T87 is
not to usable in that. As soon as you go into any high resolution mode
on the Q 40 T87 stops working correctly. This is not the fault of the Q
40 as such, although it does lack a made 4, but more of the way the
colour drivers organise the screen. there is a way round it and I have
spoken with Fred about this but it does require some input from TT.

On another tack it seems I was wasting my time looking for faults with Q
40 with regards to some of the problems with QLiberated programs. The
same problems can occur on QPC 2 so the fault must lie somewhere in the
colour drivers themselves. Now all we need to do is to find it and then
fix it.

--

Roy Wood
Q Branch