On  Wed, 16 May 2001 at 13:36:40, you wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:20:13PM +0100, Tony Firshman wrote:
>> On  Tue, 15 May 2001 at 23:44:41, you wrote:
>> (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>> >Hello Tony
>> >
>> >the Maus net was my old account
>> >my new edress (the reality dysfunction) is
>> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Ta.
>>
>> As nvg.ntnu.no is clearly badly setup, it is essential that one
>> unsubscribes before an email account dies (8-)#
>
>I doubt it is nvg.ntnu.no - clueless sysadmin somewhere in MausNet
>uses MS software. ql-users is very clearly marked as mailing list
>by its headers and any software sending error messages to lists
>is utterly broken.
>
>Just another attempt by MS to refute all internet standards, I have
>seen it in the past on several other mailing lists where a 'vacation'
>program of some unsuspecting user initiated an avalanche of crap
>messages. Note that it requires real determination to achieve this
>because all existing list software includes precautions against
>such events.
(8-)#

There was a lovely 'vacation' problem here too, where Kit Lester sent an
auot-response.  Fortunately this mailing list only treated one a day as
valid mail.  He also mispelt the name of the guy dealing with his mail.
I managed to hack the right name, and he said he had no idea how to
disable it (8-)#

--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk