On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Thierry Godefroy wrote:

> Derek, I am right now writing a device driver for CD-ROM drives on Q40/Q60
> (I think I can announce it "officially" now as things build up nicely and
> I will probably able to release something useful before I leave for Indian
> Ocean).

Wow! This is really awesome! Wish you all the best with it.

> The CD-ROM device driver will be made "open sources" and, although these
> sources are not yet ready for a public release (MANY things still to do...),
> I could send them to you in their current state if you are interested.

It's getting even better. Sources are available, so this means that after
about 15 years of QLing the first documented directory driver appears.
Despite of the enormous progress that the CD-ROM driver brings, we will
also have a "template" how to write other drivers.
A big sign of hope at last!

> QDOS/SMS forever !
> Thierry.

Bye,