In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter Fox) wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Marcel
> Kilgus) wrote:
>
> > Peter Fox wrote:
> > > Having downloaded and installed this version, I have found that it
> > > is like
> > > working through treacle (mouse operations are very slow and
> > > overshooting happens) and the character definition is not good.
> >
> > Character definition?
> >
> > Remember that you have to either reconfigure everything or update the
> > new version automatically using MenuConfig.
> >
> > Marcel
> >
> Thanks Marcel,
>
> What I did not say was that going back to v2f was no better, the same
> treacly effect and not clearly defined characters.  I therefore deleted
> everything, started again and I am back to normal, thankfully.
>
> However, this is the first I have heard about using menuconfig.
> Presumably a reference to 'learn'.
>
> Peter Fox

Dear Marcel,

I have found out my problem and it is mine and I can avoid it.

When setting up QPC2 there is a window asking for display settings,
directory settings, memory settings etc.  What I did was to tick the
window box and this gave me my problems.  It my also be that I selected
the priorities as well.

Anyway, having left everything alone apart from the necessary, it works
beautifully.

Regards,

Peter Fox