On Dimanche 29 Juillet 2001 23:09, Bill Waugh wrote:

> Hi all
> I just downloaded Thierry's cd stuff and have a couple of questions for
> your combined wisdom
>
> 1. will this allow me to use a cd writer on Q40

Yes for reading, not yet for writing: but if someone ports
"cdrecord" or an equivalent program (using the ATAPI thing),
then you will be able to write CD-R(W) from SMSQ/E on Q40
(and SGC+Qubide !)...

> 2. if the answer to 1 is no then would be I able to read cd's on q40
> that I had written files to on a cd writer in a PC.

Yes, of course !

The best option so far is to write a QLWA image (QXL.WIN file) right
on the CD-R(W) and use qxltool under SMSQ/E to read it back...

> I can imagine Thierry reading this and wondering if we users are ever
> satisfied,

Alas, there are only 4 days left before I leave France for one full year
(and I will NOT be able to do more SMSQ/E development before I leave),
so the CDROM driver will be left in an "alpha" state for a while, I'm
afraid...

QDOS/SMS forever !

Thierry.