On  Sat, 4 Aug 2001 at 19:18:27,  Malcolm Cadman wrote:
(ref: <h+lwEFAzxDb7Ewa$@mcad.demon.co.uk>)

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>>On  Fri, 3 Aug 2001 at 20:20:00,  Malcolm Cadman wrote:
>>(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
>>
>>>Tony maybe getting more, as I believe he has permanent link, rather than
>>>a dial up ?
>>Well I am on the net a great deal (programming for wn.com) but that
>>wouldn't affect me getting emails.  I guess I am simply in a lot of
>>people's address books.  I don;t send them out though, firstly 'cos I
>>run Demon's Turnpike, but also 'cos I have not opened any of them.
>
>Umm ... its just 'tough it out' then :-)
>
>Perhaps we could all post back an advert for the QL ... that would shock
>'em ... using an anonymous hotmail address of course !
No good.  I tried 'rejecting' a few (Turnpike mimics a return email as
if my address didn;t exist) and most bounced straight back saying 'no
such address' or 'mailbox full'

They have got you all ways.  Unfortunately the author(s) are intelligent
(8-)#

The best solution I reckon is for originating ISPs to filter emails with
attachments for virii.
Mind you we are then getting into privacy issues.

The time taken for this exercise  would possibly be far less than the
resulting email traffic.  I wonder how much bandwidth is added by
post-discussion?
--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk