Ah, the plot thickens as you tell us more about your physical setup!

There is indeed a specific FORMAT command sequence that you should
probably be using to ensure you lay the tracks down properly when using
ED drives.  I don't know what it is, but someone will advise you shortly.

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:53:04 +0100 Robert Newson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Do you have ONE properly formatted HD QDOS disk + TWO HD drives?
>
> Never been able to format them
>
> > If you do have two HD drives
>
> twin EH drives
>
> >                              + one properly formatted disk, then
> you can
> > use the SCOPY program from QL TOADY (sic) ... a little
> tedious/slow since
> > it will copy ALL of the sectors from the one disk to the other,
> but it
> > will get the job done as far as imprinting the first few sectors
> > properly.
>
> I can direct sector copy from one drive to other (easy enuff to
> write a
> program to do it in pseudo-basic/mc), but even after doing that,
> when trying
> to write to the disk, even when it reads the data correctly off the
> disk,
> trying to write, it splats in the wrong place (I think...will have
> to check
> this by format, sector-copy, write some files, change drive, write
> some
> different files, see what first drive gives/makes of it).

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.