On  Fri, 26 Oct 2001 at 11:05:59,   wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>>He was used to his explosive Mazda with
>>rock suspension.
>>No ordinary car - he got it half price 'cos the person selling it
>>didn't realise it was a special ZX. it did 180mph, and he had proved
>>it many times.
>
>>Bzzz! Actually, it was a Nissan 300ZX Turbo...
>
>Hmmm, quite a car - Which just goes to show the kind of money Freddy made
>from the QL and his other interests - I remember him saying he made quite a
>good living from DP in its heyday.
He made more from accountancy I reckon.  The car only cost him around
£17000 - it was worth a lot more.
> Pity there isn't the same abundant QL
>shows for us poor traders these days!
I have had three very good shows this year.  Considering I only sell
hardware, and only for original/Aurora based machines, that is very
encouraging.
> Nice to recall things like this,
>hopefully we can get him to the next QL show for a chat?
That would be a good idea - if advertised, it might attract more people.
--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk