Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> He he, next step is to get one of those remote controller watches to
> remote control the QL, or to get software ont he QL to drive an
> infrared LED or something to work with such a learning or programmable
> remote control.

Actually I've built the hardware for this purpose, it is connected
using a standard RS232 port (for sending/receiving commands something
about 9600 baud is enough, just for determining the RC's carrier
frequency 115200 baud is necessary). All encodings etc. are done by a
special chip, therefore timing is uncritical and the device can be
used with any piece of hardware that can send bytes to a serial port.

Unfortunately I lack the time to do the software.

Marcel