>Do you not mean The QDOS/SMS Technical Guide...

No, I found it first in the ST guide Jochen Merz sent me some time
ago, that's why the information was incomplete I guess. It's also
shorted and the QDOS tech guide has no index!

>Yes I read the manual and found the system variable, SYS_IFPU which
returns
>4 for a FPU

<snip>
>But there is no builtin function to find the base of the System
Variables, I
>use PDTK which I think you will agree is very good.

For those who don't know what this is, the PDTK is a PD Toolkit, by
Mark Swift. It is included with QDOS Classic and I think the original
Amiga Emulator too. It is also available from the Mark Swift web
pages.

I see that Marcel has sent a list of current values for this system
variable. Probably as good a way as any of finding the system
variables across platforms in order to check this system variable
seems to be:

t$ = VER$
sv = 163840 : REMark fixed address on old QL
IF t$ = 'JSL1' OR t$ = 'HBA' THEN
  sv = VER$(-2) : REMark on Minerva or SBASIC
END IF

but this does not of course work on some of the emulators which can
move system variables but does not support VER$(-2)

There are of course plenty of free extensions for BASIC programmers
who want to access this on all platforms, e.g. the DIY Toolkit
SYSVARS extension.

Marcel: is it OK for me to use your list to document this via QL
Toady?

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]