> Certainly apocryphal (TP spell checker - not me) as the 3.5 drives then
> were much too high.  Suitable drives did not appear for years.
> .... but a nice story.
>
> The same story must have happened over the years - wheel, spinning
> jenny, bicycle, digital watch, mobile phone, head transplants......

Is this also true of the story behind choosing the 68008 over the full 68000;
namely:

At design stage the 68008 was in a plastic package and cheap, but the 68000
was in ceramic and expensive; hence went for 68008.  Only prob was that when
the QL actually went into production the 68000 was available in plastic and
cheaper than the 68008!?