Dear QL fans,

a happy new year!

To start off with some news, I have the pleasure to announce that the Q60
series production is now up and running!

The waiting is over, thanks to Dennis Smith and Derek Stewart, who run D&D
Systems.

Although the possible user base seems very small, and is already partially
supplied by earlier Q40 sales, D&D decided to make the dream of a highend
68060 powered QL come true. When nobody else had the courage to do the Q60
series production, D&D helped. They deserve high respect and a lot of
thanks for their decision!

I already had the chance to inspect the first board from their new
production and I was very impressed by the fine quality of their work. My
own involvement in Q60 production has been reduced to sourcing and
preparing parts. Now that the series production is running, I no longer
build or sell any prototypes.

Those users who contacted me for a Q60 prototype but were not yet supplied,
can now get theirs from series production. For prices+orders please contact:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

And there is more good news. Instead of just mainboards, D&D will offer
complete, cased and tested systems as well!

This is a fine service for those users who do not like to bother with
building their own systems, and just like to use a complete and optimized
machine.

There will be a choice between

Q60/66: with 68060   at 66 MHz
Q60/80: with 68LC060 at 80 MHz

For a lower cost solution, it is planned to offer an improved Q40 as well.
It has similar features like the Q60, but the 68040 CPU. Details will be
published.

All systems are capable of running QDOS Classic, SMSQ/E and 68k Linux.
For more information look at http://www.q40.de.

All the best for 2002!

Peter