In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Graf
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Dear QL fans,
>
>a happy new year!
>
>To start off with some news, I have the pleasure to announce that the Q60
>series production is now up and running!
>
>The waiting is over, thanks to Dennis Smith and Derek Stewart, who run D&D
>Systems.

< clip >

>There will be a choice between
>
>Q60/66: with 68060   at 66 MHz
>Q60/80: with 68LC060 at 80 MHz
>
>For a lower cost solution, it is planned to offer an improved Q40 as well.
>It has similar features like the Q60, but the 68040 CPU. Details will be
>published.
>
>All systems are capable of running QDOS Classic, SMSQ/E and 68k Linux.
>For more information look at http://www.q40.de.

This all sounds like good news ... new hardware being available always
stimulates new software and peripherals.

I look forward to reading an in depth review, sometime, in either QL
Today or Quanta magazines.

--
Malcolm Cadman