On  Sat, 5 Jan 2002 at 01:32:00,  Dexter wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Tony Firshman wrote:
>
>> Even better, in our conversation I talked about superHermes.  That is
>> (as you Dexter may not know) a plug in replacement for the 8749.
>
>Yes, I visited your site and looked at the Hermes and SuperHermes. The pic
>shows a very nice and useful board. It solves a problem I hadn't even
>begun to address - standard keyboard support. (Ok, I haven't begun to
>address any of the problems yet; I'm still counting them ;)
8301 is a good project if you want a hobbyist addon for the QL.
It is a very fragile chip, and is one I still sell a lot of.  I am
nearing the end of the pile though.  A plug-in replacement, and it would
probably be only one or two logic chips, should have extended screen and
colour support under SMSQ/E

>Are you at all open to licensing? :o)
Possibly not - the code is very much an integral part of the 17C44 code
written by Laurence Reeves, and still owned (and understood) by him
alone.  lausATlausDOT demonDOTcoDOTuk

--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk