Perhaps file version would be of some interest too (to synchronise)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tony Firshman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : lundi 7 janvier 2002 09:51
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: [ql-users] "seasonal cheer, Silly Season"

On  Mon, 7 Jan 2002 at 08:23:12,  Norman Dunbar wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>I use QPC2v2 on Win2K at work and on Win98 at home. I have the system
>installed on a 100Mb Zip disc which I take back and forth with me so I have
>the same setup at home and at work. Well, that's the theory, at work the
zip
>is win1_ and at home it is win2_ and I even remember to backup my home Win1
>to Win2 occasionally. The problem is when I have done stuff at work and
>forgotten to synchronise with win1 at home and then 'update' my zip from
the
>'real' win1 at home hence losing all the stuff I did at work.
I wouldn't be difficult to write a program to synchronise automatically.
You have quite a gap between work and home I assume (unlike my 1 minute)
so clocks need not be too accurate.

Simply read all file attributes in designated directories and copy
across newer ones as appropriate, of course date stamping them again.

I think that is one of the major failings of QDOS/SMSQ - that date
stamps are transitory at the O/S level.
I know 'backup' in QPAC2 is better, but date stamps should be absolutely
fixed, unless forced.
--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk