At 02:13 μμ 28/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:

> > ... In other words, I think the ability to supply -1 as the job
> > id to this trap is a bit silly :o)
>Probably listed for completeness as the -1 argument value is accepted
>by the trap and therefore technically valid, even though its use is
>illogical in that context.
>
>On the subject of removing jobs, from SBASIC the RJOB command seems
>only to accept the name of a job, not its number (which to me would
>seem more useful).  What if I have more than one job with the same
>name?  RJOB removes the first listed.  I saw NXJOB in the Toolkit II
>manual and thought it might be relevant but can't figure out how to
>make it do anything except "invalid parameter".
>
>Ian.

That's not ALWAYS the case. I haven't fully investigated but I've noticed
that whenever a job has a "long" or "not standard" name it cannot be
removed by rjob using it's job no. (eg. ProWesS, QD). Others (eg  QPAC jobs
say "Files") can be removed.

Good point Ian, I always wanted to ask that...  :-)

Phoebus