[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This means that all I need to do is instruct my user to
> print to file with a particular .??? name for the file.

Well, it is possible to embed the program into the normal PAR print
process for QPC2v2, just like I did with Ghostscript. The program
making this possible is called RedMon and is from the Ghostscrip guys.
It's just a bit difficult to set up but once running it's a fine
thing.
With QPC2v3 it can be done far more easily by using the "filter"
functionality. Details on demand.

> A better solution would allow  Underlining, Bold and all
> those other good things but the hole is now (temporarily)
> fixed.

As written in QL Today an ESC P/2 -> GDI converter is currently
under construction by a fellow QPC user (uses the above mentioned
"filer" option). I have seen beta versions of it and it looks
promising.

> so I might try MPS next.

But mind you, MPS is text only (no underlining etc), too. But it might
be possible to add the additional functionality.

> I don't do C myself so I'm not much at porting anything. I will try
> to have a go with MPS - should be educational. Any hints on where to
> find it?

Well, you can get it from me, of course (source and precompiled). And
it's available from here
http://www.icewalk.com/softlib/app/app_00282.html

I also did start doing a port to SBasic because I though this could
encourage more QLers to play around with it, but stopped somewhere for
some reason. If there is any interest I might look into it again.

Marcel