On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:33:28 +0000 Tony Firshman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On  Thu, 21 Mar 2002 at 08:57:29, Al Feng wrote:
> (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
>

> >On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:46:34 +0000 Tony Firshman
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> On  Thu, 21 Mar 2002 at 08:10:15, Al Feng wrote:
> >> (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
> >

> >< snip >

> play,
> >> you
> [OR,
> >> does
> the
> >> NETwork
> >> No QL network on the Q40 - why not indeed?
> >>
> >> Serial ports are the way - and will work well if my suggestions
> are
> >> followed.
> >

> >Yes, but a TK2 dongle (or, an existing-or-used Trump card plugged
> into
> >the side sans disk drives) must certainly be cheaper and easier to
> employ
> >than buying a new Hermes chip which requires opening the QL and
> >jeopardizing the (as we all know) fragile membrane tails.
> What?  That is not making sense.  Q40 has no network port.

More, the pity ... [BTW.  If you go back-in-time, you will see that I
mentioned that I did not know whether or not the Q40 had the NET ports].

THAT is why I suggested that a connection between the Q40's serial port
and the QL's network port might work ...

Al

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.