----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Firshman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] CF Hot Removable adapters

On  Sat, 13 Apr 2002 at 02:37:27, Phoebus Dokos wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 02:22 рм 13/4/2002, Tony "The Wizard" Firshman wrote:
>
>>On  Fri, 12 Apr 2002 at 21:19:52, Phoebus Dokos wrote:
>
><Snippety - Snip>
>>..., think again.... Even with
>> >the fastest card, due to QubIDE restrictions (yep 8 bit bus and all the
>> >magic Nasta performs in order to make this thing work :-) It is a lot
>> >slower than the RomDisq.
>>Phew (8-#
>
>Oh I said it many times... by far the RomDisq is the fastest flash
>drive i've seen....  If only there was a larger version... (Say 64 Meg
>:-)
Is it possible to maintain RomDisq speed using CF media on the RomDisq
instead of or as well as the flash rom, I,m thinking of maybe flash rom for
boot up and applications and CF for file storage on one device, ummm perhaps
this is re-inventing a spare wheel, don't see the need for more expensive
flash rom when CF media is quite cheap and fairly fast.
Just the ramblings of a lay user (;-)

All the best - Bill