On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, ZN wrote:

> Unless you two know something I
> don't (like how to locally change the Planck constant, speed of light,
> gravitational constant...) that's as fast as anything will currently go on
> native QL hardware, give or take a few 10s ok K/s...

What?!?!?

You don't know how to change the speed of light?

I'm disappointed in you, Nasta!

Seriously though, my point was that it isn't necessary to hook up a CF
card to an IDE interface to use it - there are ways to hook it up directly
to the buss.

That way, you can do direct reads and writes without having to wait and
poll to check it's finished the previous operation. That would be quicker.

Either way, the point that a version two of RomDisq could be based around
CF instead of traditional flash, for price and size considerations, still
stands ;)

Dave