On 31 May 2002, at 0:40, P Witte wrote:

> Except the counting is somewhat exotic. I mean if we go from decimal to hex
> then the next number after 2.99 is 2.64 which is rather confusing, hence my
> suggestion 2$64.

The problem with that is that the separator gets stripped off under
some cimcumstances and is replaced with a letter showing the
language or whatever - when I type "print ver$(1)", I get back
"2G99"...

I personally would favour 3.00 (and no, there's no problem with that
number!) to mark the new start - but to be quite frank, I couldn't
care less - if everybody favour 2.9A - why not?

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
If we pretend to assume that the counting always was in hex