On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:56:31AM +0100, Roy Wood wrote:

> No licence is set in stone (as Steve Hall remarked to me on the day
> before I left for the US show) and you can always change it later if it
> proves not to work.

you can't. Once other people contributed you need permission from
every single contributor to change the license and this can prove
quite tricky. 1000 times trickier than fixing the original license.

> You can have free 'Open Source' code and Richard et al will write for it
> and Marcel and a few others will quit

Did you ask Marcel? I don't see that he could suffer any kind
of disadvantage with GPL.. he is probably the last one who needs
to worry about GPL. He can suffer some inconvenience with this
license.

Richard