> Well that was an interesting tirade. I have no intention of going
into a
> lengthy discussion of this in deference to those of you who have
become
> as heartily sick of the whole thing now as I was in trying to deal
with
> Peter in the first place. I do feel, and I apologise in advance here
> that there are a few inaccuracies that should be stated. I will keep
> this as brief and blame free as I can.
It's obvious there's some unhappiness on both sides of this.

The Q40 is dead, long live the Q60.

The Q60 is a success, no two ways about that. The entire first batch
is almost sold out from what Dennis and Derek told me, so we are
probably better off getting all of this off our chests then forgetting
about it and see the positives to come out of it, namely that Peter
and D & D Systems have a good product which seems to be selling well.
The loan Q60 I had from D&D for a while has now gone back to them and
I shall miss it. Brilliant piece of kit. Although I didn't get time to
use it as much as I'd have liked while it was here, I did use it
enough to know that it never once crashed (apart from my programming
mistakes), was wonderfully fast to use and had some nice software on
it - preinstalled commercial quality software being a bit of a new
idea on QL-compatibles.

I realise I'm changing the topic here a bit, but please believe me,
whatever may have happened between you in Q40 days, the Q60 deserves
to do well (I can't see how it can fail) because as far as I can see
the concept is good, and between them Peter and D&D seem to have such
a good product on their hands.

Accordingly, by all means get this off your chests lads, but don't
forget also that the Q60 is such a wonderful system when you actually
get to use it!

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]