On 09/09/02 at 12:17 Phoebus Dokos wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>> starting yesterday, my Aurora setup began experiencing weird lock-ups,
>>> either during startup, or after it runs for 3 or four minutes.

> Thanks Nasta, I had a hard drive on it as well (WDC6100AL) so the load (I
> would imagine) is adequate...

Never the less, if you hvae anything to do it with, check the power supply
voltages, it may point to another problem.

> I also tried my previous PSU (worked just fine before) in the fashion it
> was connected before but no cigar .....
>
>Any other ideas?

Removing Qubide and booting from floppy
cleaning or merely reseating the 8302 chip on Aurora, ditto the SCAN ROM.
If you have a spare GC you could try that instead of the SGC just to be
sure where the problem really is.
Can you verify that it actually crashes, rather than just getting a corrupt
screen? Does it manage to boot SMSQ/E or are we talking QL ROM/Minerva?

Nasta