On  Wed, 18 Sep 2002 at 11:50:30, Phoebus Dokos wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 01:47 μμ 16/9/2002, you wrote:

It isn't.
I keep getting told off on usenet for _not_ adding the last '>'

Apparently the recognised form is:

<URL:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

in exactly the same way, I am told told:

<mailto:name@something>

The reason is very simple.  Without that final '>' the URL will get
broken if there are hard EOLs added, as is often the case, especially
with long URLs.

I think the problem must lie with your mailer - Eudora isn't it?

Certainly Turnpike, which slavishly follows internet conventions, and
very successfully I think, accepts these forms, and correctly linked the
quoted URL above.

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
  tony@<surname>.demon.co.uk  http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk