On 14 Nov 2002, at 1:35, Marcel Kilgus wrote:

> > WMAN should really be updated to GD2 - any volunteers?

> That'd be me again, then... In fact I'm almost done. Since
> yesterday all routines accept the new colour word definition, only
> a few more lines for the system palette are needed. And some
> sensible defaults for that palette (which'll probably be the hardest
> task).

Three cheers for Marcel! Please be reminded that his work will
benefit all platform physically capable of it!

> Yes, there is, I called it ws_scach. And yes, I'm not good at names.

You're pretty good at everything else....

> I hope so. I want to tie up some lose ends like this WMAN thing before
> concentrating on the university project. After that I hope others are
> sufficiently familiar with the code to start contributing, too (it's
> BTW not only SMSQ/E. EasyPtr should be updated as well, for example.
> Any volunteers?).

Are the sources available?

BTW, QPTR pratically doesn't need to be updated - I've done some
work on that, and, provided one or two new functions are used, to
reduce 24 bit colours to 16 bit and set the correct MS bit, you can
use it to produce high colour PE windows from Basic.

I'm trying to finish an article for QL Today for that....

> System palette entries
(...)

Just a couple of questions here:
1 - Does "button" mean the buttons in the button frame, or also
(other) loose items?

2 - I often give my application subwindows different colours to my
info subwindows.
I'm not sure whether I'm alone in that. If not, we (you!)  should,
perhaps, provide for it.
Wolfgang