In a message dated 03/12/02 00:31:25 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From your original message I got the impression that perhaps you have an
older version of the manual. For example there is no mention of WM.DRBDR on
my page 86. In my manual WM.DRBDR is described on p 88 and it correctly says
that is vector $44. So perhaps the description in your manual is incomplete
too? It says here:

To clear the current item, set the msb of WS_CITEM and, if WS_CIACT is
clear, call WM.DRBDR, otherwise call the routine pointed to by WS_CIACT and
then clear WS_CIACT.

To set a current item, set WS_CITEM, WS_CIBRW, WS_CIPAP (to the highlight
colour) and the hit area WS_CIHIT. Then call WM.DRBDR. Finally reset
WS_CIPAP to the background colour, and Bobs your aunt's live-in lover!

Yes indeed! This is exactly (barring BYLL) what's on my page 86. I must be the one whose subs are out of date! Anyway the actual routine still doesn't do what the manual says.

<>
> As to the use of iop.rptr, this does not put lines around any item and
take
> them, away. wm.rptr(t) does but you can't mix both.
>
> It would certainly be nicer if you could use wm.rptrt than iop.rptr.
However,
> does that also deal with "dragging"?

Have you tried:

   repeat wm_loop
       wm.rptr
       if drag_item is hit then
           repeat iop_loop
               iop.rptr
               if not keydown exit iop_loop
               keep dragging
           end iop_loop
       endif
   end wm_loop

I'll certainly try this. Thanks.

ts remarkably difficult to get right, but I think it can be made to work.

ALL PE is immensely hard! But in TurboPTR I am reasonablr happy. In C it is more of a problem - but I'm getting there. So I'll try that too.

Per

George