Well, I was trying to 'adjust' the image of being an American and be humble for once. But now that you mention it, while the English did a great job of starting the language, we have done an awesome job in just a couple of hundred years of fixing and perfecting it.

:) [ obviously not being serious - at least much! ]

jim

On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 05:27 AM, Geoff Wicks wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Hunkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Happy celebrations

What is really embarrassing is when someone from England reminds us in
the States just how bad our English is!
I hate to say this, but many language experts believe USA English is more
"pure" than UK English in that it is more like the English spoken 200 years
ago.

Just to make this on-topic, this is just part of the Just Words! service.

Seasons greetings,
Geoff Wicks.