> I wonder - are all QL EPROMs 16K in size??
>
> --
> Rich Mellor
It's possible to remove the QL ROMs from inside and make a plug in 64K
board of course - one of my QLs had a system like this, where I had a
JM, JS and Minerva all combined with a TK2 EPROM copy (used in place
of my legal Care TK2 EPROM and Minerva which couldn't be used at the
same time so probably just about not too illegal Tony, Lau & Tony?)
burned into a 27128 EPROM (IIRC) using the Qubbesoft QEPIII. I didn't
expect it to work, but it did. It was extremely useful for testing
software as I could quickly power up in JM, JS or Minerva QDOS without
having to have three QLs rigged or exchanging internal roms. Sadly,
that QL eventually went to the great black QL graveyard in the sky
though I might still have the EPROMs somewhere assuming I haven't
reused them for something else, if anyone wanted proof!

>From a technical point of view, I'm sure it was perfectly possible for
such a plug in EPROM to take over the machine completely. I can't
remember where I read this (maybe it was the original QL Technical
Manual). It might well have been useful for people wishing to create
alternative operating systems or some such application.

As to the address, forget hex since Marcel's memory doesn't seem to
work too well 10 years after he last did something ;-)
use the self explanatory
sbytes 'flp1_rom_image',48*1024,16*1024

--
Dilwyn Jones