----- Original Message -----
From: "thegilpins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Fw: Quanta Workshop Support

> Having only just joined the ql-users list (Shame! I hear you all shout), I
> have missed Roy's offer to contribute to a QL2000 show. Can someone copy
me
> the details?

Indeed shame! You have missed some really rude remarks from me about QUANTA!

 Although I attended QL2000 in Portsmouth, I was not involved in
> any way with its organisation. What do members want from such a show? I am
> sure that something unusual can be put together. Fill me in with the
details
> guys. Perhaps we could plan something along with our current planning for
> the AGM in Manchester in April 2004. Nemqlug (North East Manchester QL
User
> Group) meet in about a week's time and this is on our agenda. Give us
> something to get our teeth into.

Just an idea to throw out in the group, but would it be possible to combine
"QL2004" with the Manchester AGM? It is already a two day event with a QL
Dinner, which we know Manchester can organise well. The scout hut is fairly
large, but would this be large and luxurious enough for a major event? It
would solve the problems of halls being booked already, but I get the
impression most would prefer a larger, more luxury hall. Also are the small
rooms too small for talks and presentations?

Basically if Manchester are interested in hosting it, the basic structure
would be as usual, but with an extended program. This would include a
guest's programme (I won't be sexist and call it a Lady's programme) for the
non-QL-ers who come with their partners. I would have thought this would be
fairly easy in Manchester especially, if I dare mention it, with the
European City of Culture being so nearby. (Or even the pleasures of
Derbyshire!). Also a good day programme of activities for the QL-ers. Who
needs ideas for those now Dilwyn has supplied them?

Also worth considering if QUANTA could subsidise travel/accommodation costs
of any foreign visitor with a special contribution for the event. North
America have done this in the past.

OK, I admit I am biased. I want to bag this event for the North!

Geoff