On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:17:32 +0100, Roy wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It would be faster on a board which fully supports the device. Quite how much gain you would have on a Qubide / Q60 (if it worked at all) is another matter. I do not have a SATA drive to try it on so I cannot tell. Anyone feel like taking the plunge. The IDE/SATA converters are about 17 pounds and these are designed to be plugged into a Standard IDE socket with plugs for two SATA drives. There are no drivers to load but there are chips on board.

I don't think they would be of any benefit other than clean up the cable mess.

Regards,

Phoebus
--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)