> This is what I understood, but the problem I exposed is still there
in
> that case: how do you boot SMSQ/E given it can't fit the ROMs on a
QL
> motherboard ?  You got to boot it from either the harddisk (but
without
> the Qubide ROM fitted it would not be recognized before SMSQ/E is
booted,
> and with the ROM fitted, the partitions are incompatible), from a
floppy
> (like for old MS-DOS machines ?  That would suck, IMO), or from
RomDisq
> (but what if the user got no RomDisq on their system ?)...
>
> Thierry.
Is there any way in which SMSQ/E could use the Qubide driver calls to
implement what has been discussed? Or the only other way would be a
new or modified quibide rom which allowed SMSQ/E to work in this
"indirect" way.

Given SMSQ/E's modularity, a Qubide module might be feasible without
having to think in terms of replacing the ROM, but I don't know enough
about the device drivers to know how feasible this might be.

--
Dilwyn Jones