tony Firshman wrote:-

>>Well if we are successful with the whole internet suite Messenger will
>>never be the same :-) Out of need Tony had to use (I think it was
>>Darren's) computer to try and help me out...

>It was his web centre so there were six at least.
>I was using "richadr" 's machine - or some equally odd spelling of
>'Richard'.  "He is an interesting guy' said Darren (8-)#
>I wonder, Darren, whether you got his configuration back.  I _had_ to
>SNIP>

Yes, I got his configuration back. I know its a horrible configuration, I
agree. But its a on a PC in a learning centre - and we found it easier for
complete beginners to see and understand what the computer is doing when we
set it to open a new window each time. compete novices understand how
directory systems and trees work better this way, It helps in the learning
process initially, later we show them how to define options like this to
their own tastes.

As for the weird spelling of richard on his login, it is completely
deliberate - he has been using this for 20-odd years he says, and has some
low-level passwords done like that too, various deliberate misspellings of
his name.

>- he opened 'in a new window' - how can one survive with that?

see above. much easier to explain to a complete non-computer user what is
going on when they can see the trail left behind them. a bit like opening
folders within folders in a filing cabinet.

> probably a little lightheaded due to Guinness (two Ns, two Ss) granted
>but nonetheless invaluable...
>Stuart and I had none that day (so far) but about 9 the previous day
>(8-)#

And a few that night, plus Roy and I did quite well on sunday
evening/night.....

Cheers,

Darren.

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
 for the presence of known computer viruses.

              • ... Tony Firshman
              • ... Davide Santachiara
              • ... Dilwyn Jones
              • ... Roy wood