Colin Parsons wrote:

> [...]

MOST consumer internet access is engineered to deliver content Downstream
(towards) the subscriber MUCH faster then it allows the subscriber
to send it upstream (towards the internet). This generally includes all
faster internet connections that is sold to the average consumer.
You would need to triple check with any ISP about Upstream speeds with any
connection before you pursued originating streaming multimedia from a
subscriber access point. A lot of these constraints are controlled at the
ISP or before it is delivered over the final link to the user.

You CAN arrange to deliver your multimedia presentation hookup to a server
which then would handle the multiple connections. IT will Need a FAST link
Possibly equivalent to T3 access of better to handle the distribution of
the packets. This way the originating point would only need a single FAST
upstream connection. This would of course include a fast downstream speed.
Possably only up to the equivalent speed of a T1 line.
--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6
2 57 300-C's in Indy