are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
for the presence of known computer viruses.

Any chance of you sending me the copy for review??

remember that? :-))

cheers,

Darren Branagh,
Bank of Ireland - Cards And Loans Business,
Nassau House, 33/35 Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Ireland.
Tel: 01-6798230  Fax: 01-6706813.

BOI Group Data Classification -

                      "Phoebus R.

                      Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ.         To:      QL Users Mailing List <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      Ντόκος)"                 cc:

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Subject: [ql-users] More Q-Word news

                      r.net>

                      Sent by:

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      g.uk

                      20/10/2003 01:53

                      Please respond

                      to ql-users

Hi all,
thanks to some input from Marcel, we are now able to produce digital sound
instead of using the QPC CD driver directly from the Windows audio
subsystem.  For some reason when I tried this a while back I couldn't get
it to a point that wouldn't lose focus from QPC but now it doesn't :-)
(How did Dilwyn put it? Ah yes... "A brain the size of a planet that lad!")

Before anyone of you gets your hopes up, please note that this IS NOT a
SSS implementation on QPC2 -Marcel is still working on that- but rather
use of the excellent QPC_EXEC command. So at best it is a quick hack that
means that some of the program parts will have to be installed on the
Windows side and that the installation program (for QPC) will require a
little more input from the user. However it is a drastic departure from
holding the user "hostage" by requiring the CD in the drive at all times.
The change will be reflected to the QWord trial version for QPC in the
following days (After a dire attempt to locate my original audio files has
met with little success I will be forced to redo them for all platforms
-for uniformity-). Also if any users of Minerva MkII with an Aurora are
out there, I'd like your feedback (and possible beta testing) on a QWord
version with sound samples for the I2C DAC that TFS has been selling all
these years... (I know I know I should buy it myself instead of relying to
others... sorry Tony ;-)

Thanks

Phoebus

--