I have been asked to set up a computer for someone for Christmas. They
gave me a Readers Digest ISP installation CD (rdplus.net) but can't be
used because (a) it's out of date, with old numbers etc and (b) it's
only for members.

I could go into the website and set it all up from there but it says
it'll alter the settings on my computer automatically, so no go.

Anyone know of a subscription-free ISP using a local rate UK dialup I
can just sign up to from my computer then just simply set up the other
PC to connect to. Someone (Tarquin?) did offer me such details some
time ago but I seem to have lost them.

--
Dilwyn Jones