On  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 at 19:17:11, Roy wood wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>    I was prompted into writing this by a couple of comments from other
>QL luminaries.
>On page 25 there is an advert by P. Merdinian to entice people to sign
>up to AOL.
>
>Does anyone else think this is
>
>a: Bad
>b: A dreadful company that sends out too many free disks causing a vast
>amount of landfill
>c: Out of place in a QL magazine
>d: Likely to get people who do not know any better to trash there
>machines Internet setting by installing AOL software.
>e: All of the above.
>
>Answers on a brick through AOLs window please.
e:

... but it has the advantage of being all in caps and with minimum
punctuation, so it is pretty impossible to read (8-)#

I was more struck by the tiny amount of copy in 4 months, and two pages
of that was 10 years old.

Mind you I hope we will be using a free AOL trial to get the US show
connected to the internet, so I had better not throw that brick.

Where is the AOL window anyway (8-)#
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk