Well,

I have followd the good advice and at least the hard disk is no longer making any noise (maybe its not moving at all).

However, the initial problem remains that the banner (The Miracle Winny ) or something such like, only appears on screen every now and then and if it does appear, then Trump Card banners etc do not appear and the QL has crashed..

This happens even if the hard drive is disconnected, so not sure if it is because the ROM is corrupt, or because it cannot talk to the drive!

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

Stuck with ordinary dial up internet connection ??
Read our review of internet accelerators and broadband at:
URL:http://members.aol.com/RWAPSoftware/reviews.html