> > This happens even if the hard drive is disconnected, so not sure
if it
> > is because the ROM is corrupt, or because it cannot talk to the
drive!

> When my QL was working, I would have similar problems with my ICE
ROM - it
> required cleaning/reseating the ROM module in the socket.  Doesn't
the winny
> connect via the ROM port (if I remember rightly)?
My Minis-QL Aurora has similar problems, sometimes it won't boot up
and each time the solution is to clean the contacts of the little plug
in EPROM card on the ROM slot inside, usually after it ain't been used
for a while. Can't even remember what's on that EPROM now, probably
the Superhermes code or something like that?

--
Dilwyn Jones