Dilwyn, I suggest you tape it.......... I can't get BBC4 over here and
would love to see it.

If good, I could digitise it and turn it into a movie file for
download.....

cheers,

Darren Branagh,
Bank of Ireland - Cards And Loans Business,
Nassau House, 33/35 Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Ireland.
Tel: 01-6798230  Fax: 01-6706813.

BOI Group Data Classification -

                      "Dilwyn Jones"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      "QL Users List" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      sco.net>                 cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject: [ql-users] Sir Clive

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      g.uk

                      09/02/2004 16:54

                      Please respond

                      to ql-users

If anyone's interested, Sir Clive will be appearing in a program on
BBC4 on digital TV only at 10PM tonight (monday), about the history of
home computers...just in case he mentions QLs and Z88s!

And speaking of digital TV, those who still have old ITV digital set
top boxes may like to know there's a new subscription TV service
coming, called "Top Up TV". For about £8/month (as opposed to £13.50
to £40 plus for Sky) you can get some of the popular "sky" channels
like Discovery, UK Gold, E4 etc (i.e. more popular channels than
current Freeview ones), but the nice feature (unlike Sky) is that you
can mix and match or select your own set of channels rather than have
Sky select all the ones you don't like for you. Those (like me) who
have a Freeview box (as opposed to an old ITV digital box) will need
an add-on card reader (more junk!) costing about £20.

Oops, before I'd typed that I'd thought of a QL-connection to all this
but can't remember it now, so it'll have to go as an off-topic which
was meant to be on-topic, sorry.

P.S. Ah, just remembered...the person I sopke to said the prototype
he'd seen had an RS232 socket on the back - purpose unknown but always
a QL link possibility I suppose. He didn't know if it was just for
testing of prototypes or something, in which case it may not be in
final versions.

I have a copy of an article about it if anyone would like a scanned
copy (requests off list if possible).

(I used to work in broadcasting hence my interest and
excitement...also QL connection of underdog taking on bigger
brother...Top Up TV vs Sky).

--
Dilwyn Jones

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
for the presence of known computer viruses.

  • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... Robert Newson
      • ... Robert Newson
      • ... Dr Colin F Parsons