On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:36:44 +0100, Claude Mourier 00 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Because it is far more easy to use then Turbo : you have can compile your code directly when you need to adapt it with Turbo (at least versions I know)

That is not true. You do not need to adapt any code apart from what you would normally do with any compiler. You cannot use SAVE and LOAD etc but you cannot do that in QLiberator anyway. As for Turbo directives like IMPLICIT etc. these are optional. There's nothing that says that you HAVE to use them.

And Qlib is the only one implemented as Thing in QD (you can parse and compile without line number) and used by tool like the Linker. (and I don't know if all features such as overlays etc is supported in Turbo).

That's not really an advantage, compared to the speed, superior math libraries and availability of Turbo.
But it's true that Qlib as some limitation due to is status (no more developpped) and (good) work made around Turbo is a good news (my intention is not to critic this work).

Turbo updates come in days once a feature is requested or a bug spotted. When I first encountered the BLOCK high-colour bug (Turbo would not assign GD2 colour values to blocks) it took George about half a day to fix it. Since Q-Liberator is not being developed any more (based on what you said as I do not know anything about it, only used it once at a friend's QL; never liked it anyway :-) I think that the choice is obvious.

Phoebus
--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>