Hi Karl,

all track properties with a "*" are derived from the track data, whereas those
without are values stored in the track data. In your case speed with "*" is
the speed derived from the time and distance deltas. The one without "*" is
from your device and stored as extension to each track  point.

Usually the speed from your device is more precises.

HTH

Oliver