<>> would you consider splitting your patch into a "spfchecker" program
<>> and a SENDERVERIFY environment variable as I suggested earlier? I
<>> think that would make your patch immensely useful and modular.

   <>

Ted,

I will have to correct you. I am not the author of the patch. I just ported the patch available at http://www.saout.de/misc/spf/ to qmail-ldap.

As well, I already have to write a wrapper to allow my qmail installation to use a checkpassword program with the auth_smtp interface to allow auth_smtp check on more than ldap (I use both vmailmrg and qmail-ldap). It will keep me busy for some time (it is not hard but it take the time to do it).

I will try to squeeze the time for this patch. No promise here whats so ever, do not hold your breath, I may simply not have the time/energy to write it.

In the meanwhile, you can apply the patch, compile and extract the spfquery program which is stand alone.

Thomas