To the whole list this time...

Hi Hugo,
Thank you for your reply

> > So, having read a great deal of this mailing list's archives, I did
not
> > find any solutions suggested.  But I have come to realize that there
is
> > more than one genius on this list.  Hopefully one of you has run
across
> > this already and would share your approach to this problem...
> >

> Hello Bob,
>
> What are you going to do with the messages that are flagged as spam?
> Reject them at smtp talk time or just tag them (subject/message
headers)
> and let the user decide what to do with them?

The way I do it on my current (non-ldap) servers is to tag anything with
a score between 5 and 10 and let it pass, and immediately reject
anything with score over 10, with no per-user config.  For a global
config, this has been working very well for me for several years, so I
would like to model this system based on that.  But as the range of
users on my systems increase, so does the need for some people to be
able to adjust their score threshold up or down.  If I need to rethink
the way I am doing things now in order to accomplish the goal, I am okay
with that...

--
Bob Miller
334-7117/660-5315