Hi Ismail

> By the way, Can you please tell us what you did to enable AD support in
> qmail-ldap?  I am trying to integrate all useful patches into qmail-ldap
> as a tarball.
> I would like to enable AD support too.

I got most of my info from the mailing list archives for qmail-ldap.

There are several posts with people who say it is possible to query AD
just by changing the ldap values in qmail-ldap.h.  I can confirm that,
because that is what I have working.  For example, set "#define
LDAP_UID" as sAMAccountName or userPrincipalName depending on how you
want your users to log in.

There is a thread where I found a patch to deal with the
userAccountControl attribute of AD.

http://marc.info/?l=qmail-ldap&m=117031804500233&w=2

I wasn't able to get these patches working off the bat, but now that I
have a working system, I may go back and take another crack at them.  In
the meantime, I have set LDAP_ISACTIVE to userAccountControl, and
ISACTIVE_ACTIVE to 66048 and ISACTIVE_BOUNCE to 66050 (the correct
valued for a normal AD user account with password never expires), which
gives me the same results as these patches, except that I can't have
some users with passwords that never expire and some that do.

I found another thread:

http://marc.info/?l=qmail-ldap&m=117581086321393&w=2

that describes setting the AD user up with unix attributes by using SFU
on a windows server.  Didn't fit my situation, but is definitely
relevant here.

I hope you find that useful...

--
Bob Miller